Friday, July 24, 2009

The Purple of Life, scene 13

EXT. DIANA’S HOUSE - NIGHT

Andy WAKES suddenly to an OLD WOMAN, with a dog, knocking on his car window. He rolls down the window.

OLD WOMAN
(nearly yelling)
Are you some kind of detective?

ANDY

(taken aback)
No.

OLD WOMAN

What?

ANDY

(in a louder voice)
No, ma’am.

OLD WOMAN

Then what are you doing out here? Are you a robber, casing the joint?

Andy nervously continues the conversation. He doesn’t like having to talk so loud for the old woman.


ANDY

No, ma’am. I was just taking a quick nap before I drove the rest of the way home.

OLD WOMAN

(disappointed)
Oh. Too bad. We don’t get much action around here.

ANDY

I’m sorry for disturbing you.

OLD WOMAN

Nonsense. It was very wise of you to rest before completing your drive. Not enough people realize the dangers of motor vehicles these days.

ANDY

Thank you, ma’am. I feel pretty rested now, I should be on my way.

Andy starts to roll up his window.


OLD WOMAN

Oh, okay. Feel free to stop and rest anytime you’re weary.

Andy nods his head as he finishes rolling up his window and starts the car. He drives off.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that one should share driving duties when possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old lady busted him! GOOD. :)
    I like the sketch for this scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good, Shawna. Funny and spooky. I really like the sketches.

    ReplyDelete