Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Purple of Life, scene 8

INT. RESTAURANT - AFTERNOON

Andy and Rachael sit at a table with their food.

RACHAEL
Don’t tell me you’re still pining after Diana?

ANDY

It’s hard to get her out of my mind.

RACHAEL

It’s been a year, Andy. Don’t you think you should at least ask her out?

ANDY

I did.

RACHAEL

You did?! When?

ANDY

Everyday for the last week.

RACHAEL

Uh oh.

ANDY

Uh oh is right. She turned me down. Pretty definitively today. There’s no going back.

RACHAEL

Hmm. Her loss.

ANDY

Right.

RACHAEL

Seriously. She doesn’t know what she’s missing.

ANDY

It’s just that she feels so right. The moment I first saw her I knew we were meant to be together. She’s easy to talk to. She’s kind, caring, beautiful...I know we have a connection.

RACHAEL

What are you going to do?

ANDY

What can I do? She’s made her wishes clear. I’ll probably just hang around, hoping she’ll change her mind sometime.

RACHAEL

You’ve got to be more proactive than that. If you’re really meant to be together, do something about it. You can’t just leave this up to the whimsy of fate.

ANDY

You mean God? That’s exactly what I should do.

RACHAEL

No, God gives us brains and free will for a reason. Use a bit of your free will and make Diana realize what she’s missing.

ANDY

Brilliant!

RACHAEL

I know.

ANDY

So, in all your brilliance, any ideas on how to accomplish this feat?

RACHAEL

Um...I’m sure you’ll think of something. If it’s meant to be, that is.

Rachael smiles and then digs into her food.


ANDY

Thanks for all the help.

RACHAEL

Just trying to be a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment