Monday, August 10, 2009

The Purple of Life, scene 18


EXT. CHURCH - AFTERNOON

The dark smoke from the fires appears closer.

Andy, about to get in his car, sees Rachael heading towards him.
ANDY
Sorry I couldn’t go out with you last night.

RACHAEL
No worries, bud. I just wanted to drop by and let you know about Whitney’s party.

ANDY
She all packed?

RACHAEL
Not yet. We’ll probably be packing for the next couple days. You’d be surprised at the amount of shit that can accumulate over a couple years.

ANDY
You guys need any help?

RACHAEL
You can always drop by if you’ve got time to spare. Otherwise, make sure you get to the party.

ANDY
I’ll do my best.

Andy hugs Rachael goodbye, then she returns to her car.

RACHAEL
(calls over her shoulder)
Oh, and go get Diana! Don’t let my absence absolve you from action.

ANDY
(laughing)
Will do!

Rachael and Andy get in their cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment